My Heart-felt Words in my space #NaBloPoMo- Day 2

Image Source

The theme for July's NaBloPoMo is CONNECT. 
The topic for the Day 2 NaBloPoMo challenge :-
Do you write only for yourself, or do you use your blog to try to connect to other people?


This was exactly the question in my mind before I started my blog a couple of months before. I wanted to own a blog since a long time. But, what do I write? What is going to be the theme of my blog? Do I write my story? Well, who will read it? Is it necessary to share what I write with others?....and a million more questions had puzzled me like crazy.

The hunt for the name of the blog was another vicious cycle . I won't digress to that for now. But the easiest way I could de-clutter from my confusions was to  just write.No shortcut to it.A travel bug in me suggested  me to  write a travelogue, so that I can share my experiences and travel tips. Without digging for answers, I went ahead and  wrote my first post on my blog which was about my trip to Gokarna.The scenic beauty and serenity of the place had left me mesmerised.That was a perfect vacation with my husband.You can read about it here. 

 Initially, I started with the thought of keeping it personal and venting my untold rants, my feelings and my frustrations (without hurting any body's sentiments) and keeping it to myself, just like a closed dairy.Later, came the concept of connecting to people . I made wonderful blogger friends and enrolled in a few blogger communities. Reading thoughts and experiences in fellow blogger's space gave me enormous inspiration. They are brilliant and super talented. Slowly, my space was noticed and appreciated. Connecting with people made me learn a lot. Slowly, I began writing for various prompts everyday . Be it a word/phrase/picture prompt- I kicked in for what ever triggered me to write. Tiny fiction or micro stories have become my recent interest. Poetry is my all time favourite. I began writing poems when I was 15. I wrote on various topics and won some contests at my school and college. I don't say they are excellent ones, but I enjoy them and they are definitely not that bad either . By and large, though I write on topics that are close to my heart and life, keeping it personal; I still enjoy sharing and connecting with people through my writing. My blog is my reflection.I like to keep it that way. Some people may like it and some may not. But that's not my concern. I write with my heart . And there in a phenomenal value for every word I write.

Connections are powerful and essential in blogging.Especially, for the newbies like me who are taking baby steps in the world of blogs- it is a source of motivation.Expanding the horizons of my imagination through constant learning, motivation and  sharing are  the beautiful aspects of connecting. There is a priceless joy when someone makes time to drop by, read my post, and say they like what I write . I don't write keeping  the intentions of having a crowd throng to my blog. It makes my words bland when I write for the sake of writing . Every word I write should be out of my passion and interest.From heart and not mind.

This is what is kept me going and made me reach a small milestone of celebrating 50th post with 5000 views. One of my blogger friend has been kind in nominating me for 'The Versatile Blogger' award.I am immensely happy about it.I am not boasting here.I am completely aware that this is just the beginning and I have a long way to go :) 

My heart felt thanks to all my blogger friends for their time, suggestions and kind words.




Comments

  1. I can feel your thoughts do come from your heart. Congratulations on your award !!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

A word with me! Thanks for dropping by:)